One must wonder, “What has happened to our culture, within our societies, that poverty, helplessness, and hopelessness be allowed to continue, and WORSEN?” To add to that, wars of desperation and wars of despotism, only but worsen all of the worst of societal ills we face evermore today. What the hell is WRONG WITH US, when we choose to side-step and even completely ignore what we are allowing to be done TO ALL OF US??? Even many of our “developed nations” are seeing unbelievable, sky-rocketing rates of poverty and homelessness that continues to expand into every facet of society, annually. The hardest sufferers: The Children, OUR Children!
I have been amazed as well as flabbergasted at the alacrity of our “leaders”, when it comes to helping our own children, in face of the facts of their involvement in various companies and for-profit organizations who benefit at our expense. Then, many of the non-profit organizations who have become nothing more than financial “black holes” while gleefully stretching out their collective hands for more, as our poor and destitute suffer worse and worse deplorable existences. When we choose to not undertake the challenges, and actually do the work needed to rectify these problems, especially for the genuine good of our children, we abdicate our responsibilities towards the continuance of our species!
I know, I know! The constant bleating of how “over-crowded” our world is, being the excuse to downplay the plight of many of our human beings, is the order of the day. Well I’M SORRY, – NOT -, but just WHO among us has the authority, and the godly-sanction to make that kind of determination on who lives and who dies??? WHO, of this human species, has the divine authority to make such hideous pronouncements that most should live in squalor, and die slowly and agonizingly, just so that the few of “them” can continue to live the life of extravagance??? So, if we are going to continue this course of events, we are being led into total destruction, a generation at a time.
I remember reading some posts, with some interesting scanned images, calling attention to the looming problem of (Americans) not having enough children to offset the mortality firgures of our population. (Interestingly, this was expressed as early as about 1902/03. – The Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918 saw a huge die-off in Europe and North America, as a thought.)
The main reason for why we “seem” to not have enough resources for the world’s people is NOT, I say again: NOT due to “global over-population”. These “shortages” are due to artificially constricted/restricted supplies in the markets, all the way back to the point of production. One of the biggest headaches playing into this problem was when “bio-fuels” markets were opened up, on the promises of cheaper fuel, better efficiency in transport; etc., AND “lower costs”. – All THREE of these claims were to be outright LIES! Instead, many of our farmlands, which formerly produced our food, switched over to producing biofuels crops because of the supposed improved profitability for the farmers. – Another CROCK! – Instead, this converting of our agriculture away from food production has resulted in less of the needed foodstuffs being available for the world markets. Now, we are seeing the resultant starvation, almost everywhere. Our children suffer hardest!
If we are to improve things in our world,
We need to start off by reasserting our priorities, in the markets, and in our domestic social policies. War needs to no longer be “profitable” by ANY stretch! Funds freed up from all of the inane and destructive “warring”, can be retargeted to helping our distressed families for virtually pennies on the dollar, compared to the tens of thousands we spend on failed programs that keep, or return families to on the streets, and ever-more poor. We all should seriously reconsider how we think of our lesser-equipped folks, and interact with them.
“A society is judged by how it treats the least of them.”
Out of our current homeless population:
- 1 in 6 of the homeless are children between the ages of 18 months and 18 years,
- In contrast to the claims by the bureaucrats and media: About 23% of the homeless have a substance abuse, mental, and/or behavioral problem. The leaves open the other 77%, who by lack of one or more diagnosable condition(s) forementioned, outside of the qualifications to receive other means of assistance,
- About 1/3 of the homeless (at least in my local community) are military veterans, most of them with discharge from service under honorable conditions (honorable discharge),
- Many younger homeless are from dysfunctional and/or abusive families, being the main reason for their possible behavioral problems,
- More than twenty times the amount of money is spent funding these phony wars, as compared to what funds the various social programs,
- Because of the severe trade imbalances created by all of these “free-trade agreements”, many of our college and university graduates will not be able to repay their student loans for lack of reasonable-wage-paying jobs of their chosen fields and expertise (job out-sourcing),
- Over two-thirds of new technology and other “STEM” job openings are going to foreign workers instead of the educated American Citizens, – resulting in more newly-homeless to the streets,
- Because of ALL of the above, this is resulting in a sharp increase in children living in poverty and homelessness in these United States of America.
- There is a growing trend to reduce, and even end funding to social programs – without even addressing the disappearance of livable-wage/salary-paying jobs!
Yet, because of the increasing poverty, and the resultant increase in crimes of desperation, the American streets are becoming far more dangerous for everyone – especially the homeless. Yet, the media’s growing chorus call for incarceration and even total, permanent removal of the homeless from our streets as the purported “solution”.
Our children need OUR help!
Our children ARE our future!
Our children ARE our promises for a brighter future!
Without our children, the “human race” is dead and gone!
” No Children, No Human Race! “
– Rev. Dragon’s Eye,
Founder and Chief-Elder Dragon of the Temple,
TEMPLE OF THE ANCIENT DRAGONS